Thursday, November 12, 2009

Geese, rock pigeons (aka rock doves), and more at Towne Lake Recreation Area in McKinney, Texas

My uncle from Indiana is in town, and on Thursday afternoon I took him to one of my favorite parks. It's a place where I often go to just relax, meditate and pray, read, or look out at the lake or birds or trees. It's rejuvenating for me, even if only for a little while. Here are some pics I took with my 2.0 MP cell phone camera (the only camera I had on me at the time). Enjoy! :)


Cormorants(?) on the pier at Towne Lake.

  
Cormorants(?) and ducks on the pier and in the lake. The trees in the background, especially in the center, are beautiful!

  
I took this mainly for the beautiful rock pigeon (rock dove) on the right. The pigeon was moving pretty fast so I couldn't center the bird in the shot. Sorry about the bird shit and the cropping of geese heads! LOL!

 
More geese and rock pigeons at the park's pavilion.

 
 Geese and ducks doing their thing. Loop around the lake is 1.2 miles. Walkin' time! ;)

  
The colors on this rock pigeon are gorgeous! Blow up the pic if needed to see for yourself!

 
It's almost like this Canada goose was posing for me! More pretty pigeons in the background.

 
Is this a duck? Whatever he or she is, it's way cool looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment