Monday, November 30, 2009

"Conservative or Liberal: Pick Your Poison"

Liberal? No way. Conservative? I don't think so. Freedomist? That's something I can get behind! Morals of the story: labels aren't always accurate and are often detrimental to freedom; statism is too rampant on all sides; and the old adage is true in many ways...the more things change, the more they stay the same. To see what I'm blathering on about here, take a look at this excellent article. It nicely sums up much of what I think is wrong with the way American politics is executed and perceived today. Does it really matter if someone is "conservative" or "liberal" or "Democrat" or "Republican" if they're not doing what they've taken an oath to do...namely, uphold the Constitution? I don't care what party someone is in as long as they do everything possible to safeguard our freedoms from any enemies...both foreign and domestic (and yes, those enemies can sometimes carry the titles of "Senator" or "Representative" before their names). Clearly, there are many people in Washington from varied ideologies and political parties who simply aren't doing these things. That doesn't sit well with me at all. We need to right the ship, and fast. Otherwise, I'm afraid that America as we know her will cease to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment